Every year I try to start anew, I look back on the year passing to find ways to improve my life, my experience, my world.
When I read the following list, it occurred to me that maybe a promise to myself would work better than a promise to the treadmill or a lock on the fridge, or finding a new chant or wanting more of something...or less.
I want to share it with you. The list was sent to me by my sister who received it without information as to its source but they request to have the list passed on...I agree and think you will too.
Ten Things I pledge To Myself
- I pledge to "show up" in my life as myself, not as an imitation of anyone else.
- I pledge to avoid using the word "just" to describe myself. For example, I won't say "I'm just a mother," or "I'm just a student", or "I'm just an ordinary person."
- I pledge to give myself 10 minutes of silence and stillness everyday to get in touch with my heart and hear my own voice.
- I pledge to use my voice to connect my dreams to actions.
- I pledge to serve my community at least once a year in a way that will benefit other women (men, children).
- I pledge to use my voice to empower myself and others
- I pledge to ask myself, "who am i? What do I believe in" What am I grateful for? What do I want my life to stand for?
- I pledge to sit down and write my own mission statement.
- I pledge to live my own legacy.
- And I pledge to pass it on.