I need help and I only have a couple of weeks to teach my puppy how to fly. Awhile back I posted about my New and improved energy efficient paper shredder. I am taking Buddy to Seattle with me August 7th and I want him to sit on my lap in the cabin.
Here is what I know for sure:
- Buddy can sit on my lap if I tell the stewards I need him for emotional reasons (and I do)
- He is supposed to be able to fit into a 17"x11"x9 1/2" canvas travel carrier comfortable
- If he cannot move around comfortably then he will have to go into a larger carrier and go down below in the plane
- Buddy is at my feet 20 hours a day and freaks out when he can't see me and I have to get a puppy sitter just to go to Costco so....
- I just bought the carrier and he has never been in one.
- I set him in there and he is too big (he weights 13 pounds already) and cannot move freely nor can he stand up which is what is required by Alaska Air.
I need to take Buddy with me. He has 4 new friends waiting to meet him and play with him for a full 7 days...
Does anyone have experience with dogs flying and what I can possibly do to get Buddy to Seattle?