I have been a member with Active Rain now for 7 days and am into it like a box (big box) of chocolate raisins. To my surprise, I am witnessing an overwhelming amount real estate agents saying "Oh yeah, I've heard something about that". It just takes me back a little bit. I just thought that all real estate agents knew about home staging and was either a stager themselves, had an agent/stager in the office, or hired a stager or decorator when needed.
Would you mind helping me understand how widespread home staging is right now? I am in the business of teaching the art of home staging to individuals via the Internet so I am not looking for a staging job...I am just so curious!
So may I ask you about your thoughts on home staging...some questions Iare:
- How you heard about home staging or still don't really know that much about it?
- Do you use home stagers for your listings?
- If not...are you thinking about the benefits of home staging?
- Have you staged your listings yourself or at least pitched in and helped declutter and spruce up?
- Does the name home staging have a stigma or negative connotation to it?
- Do you think you just don't need it?
- Are you interested in knowing more about it before you seek out a home stager?
- Are you interested in becoming and agent/stager?
I appreciated any feedback you are willing to offer and I think other home stagers would find your input very useful too. In California, home staging is a marketing tool and part of the expense of market a home as much as running an ad or taking a marketing class, so I am so curious how far spread the news of residential resale staging has reached.
Thank you in advance!